Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blahgggg!

I guess I really shouldn't write while I'm in a brain fog...or that trying to wake up and get going mode...but here it goes! Reality Check! School starts for ME 2 weeks from THIS day! I must have had lotsa fun this summer because it has FLOWN! It began with a wonderful time filled with sun, sand, and friendship. Read some really, really good books (a few so-so) and spent some time sorting out feelings from the past year. OH, and did I mention that I bought the first season of Glee to view whenever I choose! I am a fan...without fail...who fell asleep at some point during each and every episode!!! All things considered though...preparing to be "GiGi" for the FIRST time; getting ready to meet Dottie and Ada is more exciting than WORDS!!! But...like any life changing event for the Brown household...that requires swapping out furniture. When I returned home from the beach this year...my house already had been dismantled. I was "keeping" Laura's furniture for her until she settled into a new place and became quite satisfied with "the look"...bye, bye armoire...bye, bye buffet and china cabinet...bye, bye coffee table...I'm missing you!!! You look good in your new home...but I miss you!!! Now, the difficult part. It's time to move my Mama's furniture and belongings. I keep telling myself when I get over there and get going it will be ok...we'll see. I know she wants us to use things and give those things we cannot use to someone who can...it's just hard...they were Mama's. I'm still waiting for that day when I can talk about her and not cry...hmmm...those who know me know that may NEVER happen! I wish she had said who to give what to...she didn't. She trusted Bubba and me to do the right thing. But it's a HARD thing. Honestly, lots of what is left has no monetary value...but sentimental value is everywhere I look. Someone said. You have lost your best friend. They were not wrong. But oh...how fortunate I am to have Ricky, Amy, Laura, Bubba and their loved ones...my life is FULL...almost...it's just that missing part. Nothing quite fits.

1 comment: